While not appropriate for Acute or Skilled Care nursing facilities, Wireless Nurse Call is gaining popularity in Assisted Living settings. Advancements in wireless technology and code compliance provided by the UL2560 specification have made wireless nurse call a viable choice for Long Term Care facilities.
The most reliable and maintenance-free nurse call solution is a wired system like our Rauland Responder 5000. Still, there are applications where the features of wireless nurse call make it an attractive and sensible alternative:
- Construction obstacles that make it challenging to pull wire to call button and pull cord station locations.
- Battery operated patient stations and pull cord stations can be surface-mounted.
- Providing active residents with a wireless pendant to place emergency calls.
- An engineered network of wireless receivers and repeaters can provide resident location details anywhere on the campus, indoors and out.
- The need for a wireless Wander or Elopement prevention solution.
- Wireless bracelets can alert staff when a resident steps outside of a pre-determined “geo-fence”
- Wander bracelets can be integrated to trigger existing door locking systems.
- Resident wings without traditional nurse call dome lights or attractive (wired) sconce lights engineered to function as a call light.
- A wide variety of styles can create a unique look for each wing of a facility.
- Options for voice-enable room devices and smartphone integration for immediate voice response to calls.
- Reporting analytics packages that run on commonly available PCs and small business servers.
Further, wireless technology can be integrated with a new or existing wired nurse call system for the best of both worlds. Whichever Wireless Nurse Call feature is beneficial to your community, your Torrence healthcare communication consultant can help you arrive at the best possible solution for your specific situation.