Fire Alarm is the original “Life-Safety” system. Every building must have one, and it must be maintained and fully operational for the building to remain open. Thankfully, fires in assisted living and skilled care communities are very rare due to the many regulations and precautions actively enforced by the local and state Fire Marshals (the Authority Having Jurisdiction or AHJ). As a result, Fire Alarm systems are never “out of sight, out of mind”for facility directors, but a day without a peep from the fire system is a good day. As fire systems age, they become problematic – with devices going off-line, faults alarming at the panel, and other forms of nuisance alerts that demand time, attention, and continual investment.
As a long-standing Honeywell Notifier Fire Alarm distributor, the Torrence team of NICET Certified and State of Ohio licensed Fire Alarm designers, engineers, and professional technicians are trusted partners in the design, installation, and service of healthcare focused fire alarm systems in Northwest Ohio. Notifier is a leader in advanced Fire Alarm technology. While some may choose to install a bare minimum code-compliant system, there are compelling reasons to consider a better option using Notifier ONYX technology.
ONYX Advanced Detection is comprised of two key elements: a set of complex software algorithms found in all ONYX Series fire alarm panels and a suite of advanced, specialty detectors. When used together, these elements extend ONYX Intelligent Sensing capabilities far beyond that of typical spot-type smoke or gas detection. In mission-critical applications where even a trace amount of undetected smoke is unacceptable, ONYX Intelligent Sensing is the answer.
- Minimize Nuisance Alarms – Cooperative Sensing Analyzes Readings from Multiple DevicesNOTIFIER’s Cooperative Sensing Technology evaluates sensor readings from up to three adjacent smoke sensors to verify uniform smoke spread, a strong indication of a true fire condition. Based on the sensor data, the panel can quickly determine the difference between a real fire emergency and a nuisance condition.
- Aspirating Smoke Detection – Early Warning in Challenging EnvironmentsAspirating Smoke Detection (ASD) solutions provide early warning of an impending fire hazard. ASD can buy time to investigate an alarm and initiate an appropriate response to prevent injury, property damage, or evacuation of patients. With a wide sensitivity range and multi-level warnings, even minute levels of smoke can be detected before a fire has time to escalate.
- Fully Integrated Gas and Flame DetectionIn addition to the wide range of gases and chemicals found in a clinical setting, assisted living communities also support full-service kitchens. Notifier’s advanced multi-function sensors can be a cost-effective solution to monitor smoke, fire, and gas.The IntelliQuad PLUS Series Advanced Multi-Criteria Fire/CO Detector incorporates photoelectric, thermal, infra-red, and carbon monoxide detection principles, providing both fire and CO detection. Sophisticated algorithms maximize the advantages of all four sensor types, offering heightened immunity to nuisance particulate and enhanced sensitivity to real fire.
- Flexible, Expandable, and Backward CompatibleNOTIFIER’s ONYX Series of intelligent fire alarm control panels have the flexibility to meet the needs of any size application. ONYX Series panels are easily expanded with NOTI-FIRE-NET™, NOTIFIER’s intelligent fire alarm network, to keep pace with your life safety needs. ONYX Series panels and NOTI-FIRE-NET are completely backward compatible with existing NOTIFIER intelligent systems, allowing for expansions or upgrades without replacing existing devices.
ONYX Advanced Detection Technology detection delivers a rapid, intelligent response to incipient fire signatures while substantially reducing nuisance alarms. Specialty detectors supply stability and very early warning capability where unique hazards and environmental conditions exist that prohibit the use of traditional smoke detectors.
Whenever faced with a Fire Alarm upgrade of an existing area or new construction, please consider the certified and experienced team atTorrence to engineer, install, commission, and service your Fire Alarm systems.
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS TO ENHANCE THE BENEFITS OF ANY NOTIFIER ONYX SOLUTION
ONYX FIRSTVISION WAYFINDING TECHNOLOGY
ONYX FirstVision is a revolutionary wayfinding navigational tool for firefighters and other emergency responders. ONYX FirstVision’s touch screen interface graphically displays critical information on the origin and spread of a fire, allowing firefighters to quickly locate and extinguish the fire. ONYX FirstVision is an interactive interface. It displays a summary of building floor plans with detailed information about the building. Details can include locations for all fire alarm devices; water supplies; evacuation routes; access routes; chemical and structural hazards in the building; and shutoffs for gas, power, and HVAC.
With ONYX FirstVision, emergency responders can immediately gather the information needed to accurately pinpoint the source of the fire and the rate at which it’s spreading. Crucial information is easy to access with a spatial, graphical depiction of the location of activated detectors and detector sequence of activation for one or multiple buildings.
ONYX DIGITAL VOICE COMMAND – INTEGRATED EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
NOTIFIER’s ONYX® Digital Voice Command (DVC) is designed to communicate one- or two-way emergency messages to individuals and groups, and can also be configured and an emergency paging system controller. With ONYX DVC, building occupants will receive clear voice instructions pertaining to their location and proximity to the emergency.
Torrencehasdecades of experience in the sound industry. Our engineers and technicians routinely commission sound systems with emphasis on intelligibility. Amongst our peers, Torrence is uniquely qualified to design and implement your Voice Fire Alarm and Mass Notification Systems.
ONYX solutions are scalable Emergency Communication Systme technologies that can be implemented in phases and integrated as they’re brought online – enhancing continuity and control.
Features and Benefits
- Advanced audio storage of user-selected messages and tones
- Supports wired and fiber optic media options
- Supports up to 1000 audio sequences
- Message prioritization
- Easily programmable
- Optional DCC mode available
- Direct connection with up to 32 Digital Audio Loop (DAL) devices
- Fast and dependable communication including Firefighters
- Telephone Communications to additional command stations
Superior Message Clarity
From message storage to amplifier output, voice messages remain in a digital format to eliminate distortion and deliver unequaled clarity.
Broadcast Multiple Messages Simultaneously
ONYX DVC features 8 channels of industry-leading quality audio, 5 firefighter telephone channels, wire, fiber or mixed media networking options, and can simultaneously broadcast multiple, distinct messages throughout your entire facility.
With ONYX DVC, building occupants will receive clear voice instructions pertaining to their location and proximity to the emergency.
Torrencehasdecades of experience in the fire alarm and sound industry. We have licensed, professional Account Managers who will work with you to design a proposal that meets your exact criteria. Call us to discuss your next project.
CONNECTED LIFE SAFETY SERVICES (CLSS) FOR SYSTEM OWNERS AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
CLSS is an innovative, all-in-one cloud platform that enablescomprehensive and connected solutions that can streamline system inspections, service management and allow for system monitoring anytime, anywhere, through mobile applications. By harnessing the power of data, it delivers the connectivity and intelligence needed for secure, compliant and more efficient fire system management.
- Accurate forecasting of life cycle costs of fire system service and maintenance By enabling predictive maintenance, site managers can spot and fix issues early, before they result in unforecasted operational costs.
- Peace of mind that systems are compliant. Fast access to incontrovertible proof of compliance with mandated inspection and maintenance requirements, with full audit trail stored securely in the cloud.
- Real-time operational information. Enabling site managers to react quickly to incidents and take appropriate measures. Cross-site connectivity.
- A holistic view of all your facilities to ensure sites are operating effectively and meeting compliance requirements. Real time details of significant events such as fire, faults/troubles and disablements. Insight into scheduled system testing, inspection reports and inventory of devices.
- Protected with extensive built-in cybersecurity provisions. Honeywell is committed to proactively monitoring the cybersecurity landscape, ensuring data is safely stored and securely accessible to permitted system users.
The Honeywell CLSS platform harnesses the power of hardware and software to transform the way systems are designed, installed, monitored, and maintained.Whether you are looking to streamline commissioning, increase service productivity, or access reporting anytime, from anywhere, look to Honeywell CLSS.
SWIFT (Smart Wireless Integrated Fire Technology)
If there is ever a need to set up a temporary residence, or the desire to update a historically relevant structure, the option of using wireless technology can be a significant time-saver. Noftifier’s SWIFT technology provides a solution to install a certified rapid install and dismantle Fire Alarm system in a temporary area or structure. SWIFT can also be utilized in historically sensitive or architecturally ambitious areas where a traditional wired system would be difficult to install.
NOTIFIER’s SWIFT wireless mesh is integrated with current ONYX panels to create flexible wired/wireless intelligent fire detection. SWIFT Wireless devices are similar in appearance to corresponding intelligent FlashScan wired devices, and have the capabilities of ONYX intelligent sensing. A robust SWIFT wireless mesh network uses a unique protocol with redundant supervised communication paths that is UL approved for Class A operation. Explore why SWIFT may be a perfect solution for your next job.
When the cost of running wire and conduit becomes prohibitive, wireless devices provide a cost-effective alternative to traditional wired devices. But the benefits of a wireless system go beyond cost savings-faster installation time, improved appearance, and ability to be installed with minimal physical impact on a structure can each be a critical factor.
SWIFT devices are closely integrated with ONYX panels. A SWIFT wireless gateway is connected to the FlashScan SLC loop of a current ONYX system and supports a network of up to 49 wireless devices. Additional wireless gateways can be added to increase the number of wireless devices, with up to 4 gateways in the same radio space. SWIFT devices are individually programmed, annunciated, and controlled by the ONYX system. Detectors support all features of ONYX intelligent sensing, including adjustable alarm and pre-alarm settings, maintenance alert annunciations, cooperative detection options, and drift compensation. Wired and wireless devices are fully annunciated and controlled at the primary system display.
Wireless devices are in increasingly common use, but concerns about wireless fire alarm reliability are still a concern for ESDs, engineers, authorities, and customers.SWIFT Wireless was designed to provide maximum reliability. The SWIFT system proprietary protocol uses supervised, redundant communication paths to ensure that event data reaches the fire alarm control panel. Signal strength for each communication link is evaluated, and the initial system setup automatically incorporates a safe margin to ensure that routine variations in the environment will not disrupt communications.
Proper installation by a certified Notifier distributor like Torrenceis another critical factor in ensuring a robust, reliable wireless system.
Torrence can pre-qualify a site to verify that every link’s signal strengthwill be well above minimum. We can also package a solution that will allow you to store the components safely for future use when the immediate needs passes. Contact us if a wireless Fire Alarm solution could benefit your emergency planning.